Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow~!


Carousel of Progress - Disneyland

Do you remember the Carousel of Progress at Disneyland? Teddy Bear does not remember the Carousel of Progress or Captain Eo. Wow. Or the Monsanto's Adventure thru Inner Space. We went to Disneyland last night. The kids wanted to go to Innoventions but it was closed. I remember the Carousel of Progress and America Sings being there. I really enjoyed the enthusiasm for progress and inventiveness and the future. They had the model there for Epcot that you could see at the end of the ride.

I loved the Carousel of Progress. I love
d the way it made you feel so hopeful and optimistic. The voice of the father is the voice of Jean Shepherd~! The lyrics to the song are the best.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
Shining at the end of every day.
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
And tomorrow is just a dream away.
Man has a dream and that's the start.

He follows his dream in mind and heart.
And when it becomes a reality,

It's a dream come true for you and me.
So, there's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
Shining at the end of every day,
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
Just a dream away.


Monsanto's Adventure thru Inner Space


We rode Astro Blasters. I am def
initely a very BAD Space Ranger. I would be no threat to
any Galactic Enemies. I cannot figure out how to aim the dang laser they give you. Johnny scored 75,000 or so though, so he had no problem. Teddy Bear did pretty good, too, I think she got about 43,000. I got 2,900. Can you say pathetic?



No comments: