Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Am "Loosing" My Mind



*sigh* This has been causing me to LOSE my mind and when I finish LOSING my mind, my cranium will have more room for my brain and it will feel LOOSER. Also, my friend L is putting me on a diet and training program and will be kicking my ass for the new few months, so I will be LOSING weight so my pants will fit LOOSER because I don't want to look like a LOSER. *fingers in the shape of an L on my forehead*

I am a grammatical hack. I love run on sentences. I think the ellipsis is an awesome super hero of punctuation. I know what a serial comma is but I think of Dexter now when I read about it. "Serial Comma Arrested in Bloody Diagram Killings." But this has been driving me batty.

Lose and loose. Loose has a nice sibilant sound to it, like you are about to say Lucy, as in Lucy has lots of 'splaining to do. Lose is all harsh, like bees with their panties in a bunch.

Thanks for letting me vent. The random PSA for no good reason is over.

But don't get me started on isles and aisles.

3 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

I'm here. And I'm so dang comfy.
I am terrible at the writing with good spelling, and the grammar, and forget punctuation.
My keyboard's wonky, and SOME letters insist on special attention just to work.
Stupd letters.
I love this post and I know how I'm spending my late Saturday morning...

Jeanne said...

I loved this post!

No sound on that vid for me...weird. But I LOVE those!! We have the full set.

Let me know how the training goes. Good inspiration..

@eloh said...

The more things get screwed up, the more they become the accepted...a lot....really alot.

And that one still bugs me...a lot.