Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cinco de Drinco


Care to dive in with me? This margarita was HUGE. I could have put my puppy in this drink so he could practice his dog paddling. And I actually had another one that was only slightly smaller. I met my baby brother and his wife and their friends at Casa de Pico in San Diego. This restaurant used to be in Old Town but it got chased away apparently by a new management company in Old Town San Diego.

They had the mariachis running around playing the Mexican polka music. Thank heavens we sat outside because they were loud. At a table not far from us, they were doing shots and were even louder than we were. I'm afraid we embarrass my brother to no end when we all get together. Must be that Catholic school upbringing. He covers his eyes and pretends that he is no longer at the same table as we are.

My sister-in-law got VERY happy and so did Shasta, so we had to do the drunk walk to Starbucks to sober up. Three cop cars pulled into the parking lot (looking for the drunks to bust I'm sure) and just walking I felt guilty. To make it even worse, they went into Starbucks, too. We got our drinks and hightailed it outside to talk and drink and sober up. We were fascinated by some creature running around the parking lot. Possum? Rat? Cat? I was kinda of hoping it would scare the cops when they left.

When will I ever learn not to drink on weekdays? Arghh. Getting up on Wednesday was painful in the extreme. I went to bed at 8 the next night to try to play catch up on sleep. Is it even possible to do that?

Cheers~!

3 comments:

namaste said...

sounds like you guys had a blast!

;)

Jeanne said...

Once, a looooooooooong time ago - so long ago I was using a fake ID, I had 5-1/2 margaritas on Cinco de Mayo. Can I just say I was miserably toasted? It took me a long time before I was able to drink tequila. Probably 25 years. No joke.

I never did enjoy being inebriated. I didn't do it well. I always drank too much or mixed my drinks and got sick. I'm stupid like that.

I have to say though, that margarita looks tasty! I enjoy a good cocktail now and again, but Mojito's are my fav. Mmmmmmmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night to me!!