Monday, February 23, 2009

Twelve Step Program for Blog Hopping



I was reading Jeanne's Life Right Now post called Oy which had a comment by Mizwrite which I clicked on her name because it was a link and Jeanne said she really enjoyed her blog and Jeanne has made some great suggestions for blogs before, so off I go to Mizwrite's blog. Loved it and what does any self-respecting blogger do when finding a new blog? Maybe not self- respecting but an endlessly and easily distracted blogger do? You check out the archive, fan favorites (if they are a popular blog), and most especially their blog roll. Which led me to the List Addicts blog, and the
n magically on to Cake Wrecks, where I found these "precious" cakes.






This is when I really miss Jeanne~! I am so glad she is a blogging buddy now. Is there a serenity prayer for blog addicts? "Hello. My name is Happy Hour...Somewhere and I am a blog addict." Come on now. Don't tell me you didn't click over to Cake Wrecks to find out about Olivia's cake? What on earth possesses someone to make an anatomically correct cake of someone giving birth? The comments on the original post were soooooo funny.

I had to resist adding my two cents though. I wanted to comment: Twat the hell?

Like I said. I need help. Anyone know a good blog for this?

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

You really went the "T" word route, didn't you? You really did it. ;-)

The cake with the baby coming out is disturbing, but entertaining at the same time. Wish I were there to laugh my head off with you, but I'm pouring sweat right now. I know you wish you were me!!

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I truly had to contain myself from putting it on HER blog. I decided the better part of valor was doing it on mine~! I hope you appreciated the Cybill clip on You Tube. I love when she starts to strip and then pours the glass of water down her shirt.

I am crabby when it is just Phoenix how. I cannot begin to imagine being hot and sweaty, like Atlanta hot, and you can't get away from it. The Oprah show on this subject was in some ways confusing to me. Nobody ever agrees on anything. Which when you are already crabby is enough to make you want to go through the TV screen and strangle someone.

I am afraid to get my hormones tested because they might be at zero.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Happy Hour! Laurie here from Mizwrite. Thank you so much for your compliments on my blog, and I'm so glad you came for a visit! (Please stop by often and comment and say hi!)

I'm especially pleased that you liked "Cakewrecks," though! I have to tell you, I did exactly what you described (the distracted "browsing") on her blog and actually spent an entire evening looking at ALL her archives. Egads. Embarrassing.

But it's truly hilarious, no? I have her in my RSS reader and start each day with a good laugh from her. And yes, these "real life" ones are ... um ... disturbing, to say the least. (Did you see the wedding cake that the bride did in her likeness??? ack!) I'm just flabbergasted at the fact that she has so many cake wrecks that she can run more than one per day! That's a lot of crazy cakes!

Anyway, have fun with it. ... There are certainly worse vices. : ) (That's what I tell myself anyway.)

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

Words failed me with the life-size bride cake. My 19-year-old daughter, on the other hand, liked her dress. Hello?! Did you not see the ginormous life-size cake that looks like the bride? She looked at me like I had 3 heads and said it was funny.

I keep reminding myself that this will be the generation that will make senior citizen homes interesting in the future. Tattoos,piercings, etc. She did think the "Olivia" cake was out there though. Whew. Thank goodness.

Thanks so much for coming to my blog and I am looking forward to "playing in your blog"! Fabulous writing~!

just a girl trying to find her place in this world said...

Wow. Wow. I don't know what else to say. Thanks for sharing - I needed that. :)

Jeanne said...

Holy Moly!

I finally got over there and looked around a little. Dude. The feet cakes made me throw up in my mouth. Barfola! Seriously - NEVER make me a foot cake. Oy x a million. That was just gross. And wrong.

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I just found that cake. Oh. My. God. I think that makes the naughty cakes look oh so tasteful.