Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy First Birthday Z~!

My incredible, darling, zany grandson turned ONE today~! You could not have ordered a more beautiful day in Temecula. Bright blue skies, perfect temperature, and lots of family and friends.

I got to see friends of my daughters that I have not seen in a long time. It is hard for me to believe that they are turning 25 this year. They are so young and so fun to be around. I have such memories of the girls dressing for prom, sleep overs, dinners, and parties. It is so hard when you are in the moment to stop and realize how quickly it goes. My brothers, my two incredible sister-in-laws, and my nephews came up from San Diego to help celebrate. Little Z was an angel and only one had one melt down all day. He has LOTS of aunts and uncles and cousins and a cousin to be
in May, so he was easily distracted.

I look at these pictures and I can still see his mom at 1. I think they even had the same amount of hair at this age. I can still see her chubby cheeks, we even called her "Chubby Cheekers." I just want to go back and kiss and hug that little face.

One year! Grandchildren are the best and I can't wait for all my friends to become grandmas and grandpas so we can have a bragging war. Of course, I win by default. So, bring on the Brag Books.

4 comments:

Karen Carter said...

Proud you should be! He is adorable and how lucky to have such a terrific family all around him. LOVE is the best thing you can ever give and he has plenty of that. I dare say when I become a grandma there will be no stopping me! Glad you had such a pretty fun day! Hugs Karen~

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

Your grandchildren will be so beautiful~! Love is the best. Yes, it turned out to be a good day, much better than I anticipated for which I am thankful. He is blessed to be surrounded by such a large loving family.

Jeanne said...

Kat, before I even read through your comments I thought "He looks exactly like Holly!" He will be gorgeous, just like mom. Any plans for a second for them?

Please tell the hot tamale I say hi!

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I need to find the picture of Holly at her first birthday because they really do look alike. I know they want to have a few kids, so I will definitely keep you posted on any news. I will tell Holly you said hi~!