Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Shamrock, Shmamrock...



So I missed posting on St. Patrick's Day. Can I kiss your blarney stone to show how apologetic I am? I did have a green margarita in a Mexican restaurant. I could not help thinking though that the only thing Irish in the restaurant was my half Irish daughter. I call her my SpicMick. (I can say that you know.)

This hermit is going insane. I went to the Valley on Saturday and did not leave the house again until Tuesday to go to dinner with my darlin' leprechaun Teddy Bear and her pot 'o gold boyfriend. I think she thinks of him as a pot 'o gold anyways. I love going out with those two. They tolerate my endlessly stupid questions and only snicker a little bit. They get a lot of looks when they are together. He has incredibly long hair and is good looking and Teddy Bear is beautiful, but I think he gets more double takes because of his hair.

Back to work for me because that damn leprechaun did not leave his pot 'o gold for me.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I don't do St. Patty's day. For one, I'm not a speck Irish, although I don't think you have to be to celebrate it. In the second place, the Celtics are all about the Irish and the cloverleaf and I just can't go there. No really, I can't.

And really Kat, a GREEN margarita? Oy. ;-)

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

To tell you the truth, I was as shocked as you when I got that green margarita. We went to a Mexican restaurant because I figured they would not be busy for St. Paddy's Day. I ordered a regular margarita but when it came it was green. My daughter had to remind me why~! And you have a fabulous point about the Celtics...so maybe it was a good thing that I made fun of the day in the title of this post. What did you think of the video?

Jeanne said...

My first thought was I'm glad I don't live in Mobile!

I love the guy - "Don't be scared, don't be scared!" And the fact that he has a pipe that was handed down from his Irish ancestors. HAHAHAHAAHAH he was either really funny or really stupid, I wasn't able to tell which. But my favorite part was the sketch. Dude. That was like, straight out of SNL. I wish they'd have tried to actually show the leprechaun. That would have been the hot ticket.